- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Michigan, 1983
- MSE, Civil Engineering, University of Michigan 1978
- BSE, Civil Engineering, University of Michigan, 1977
- E. Montemayor, R.P. Ray (2005) “Displacement Measurements for Cyclic Triaxial Tests
Using Digital Image Correlation” Geofrontiers 2005, Austin TX.
- Ray, Richard P. “Use of Improved Computational Methods for Determining Strong Motion
Response in Deep Sediments”, presented to EarthScope, Memphis TN.
- Davis Baird, Otavio Bueno, Steve Lynn, Richard Ray, and Chris Robinson: "Visual
Images in NanoScience/Technology", USC NanoCenter Symposium V, Columbia, SC, November
21, 2003 (Poster presentation).
- Ray, R.P. “Modeling Earthquake Response in Deep Soil Deposits” (2002) Numerical
Models in Geomechanics (NUMOG VIII), edited by Pande & Pietruszczak, Swets & Zeitlinger,
The Netherlads, pages 667-71, ISBN 90 5809 359X
- Ray, R.P. and Montemayor, E. (2001) “Strain-Controlled Testing for Subgrade Resilient
Modulus,” Accepted for publication, XV International Conferenced on Soil Mecanics
and Geotechnical Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey. 4 pp.
- Gassman, S.L., Schroeder, A.J. and Ray, R.P. (2002). “Field Performance of HDPE
Culvert Pipe,” ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering , Vol. 131, Issue
2, pp. 160-167
- Gassman, S.L., Schroeder, A.J. and Ray, R. P., (2002) “Performance Evaluation of
High-Density Polyethelene Pipe,” Proceedings of the 81st Annual Meeting of the Transportation
Research Board, Wahsington,D.C., Jan 13-17, 2002, pp.1-26 and Transportation Research
Record No. 1814 Design of Structures. TRB, pp 171-178.
- Franz, J.A., Peng, J., Flora, J.R.V., Meadows, M.E., and Ray, R.P. "Bio-electrochemical
Enhancement of Natural Attenuation at a Former Manufactured Gas Plant," presented
at the 9th South Carolina Environmental Conference held March 14-17, 1999, at Myrtle
Beach, South Carolina
- Widdowson, M.A., Haney, O.R., Reeves, H.W., Aelion, C.M., Ray, R.P. (1997), “Multilevel
Soil-Vapor Extraction Test for Heterogeneous Soil,” Journal of the Environmental
Engineering Division, ASCE, Vol 123, No. 2, pp. 160-168.
- Aelion, C.M., Ray, R.P., Shaw, J.N., Widdowson, M.A., Reeves, H.W. (1996) "The Use
of Simplified Methods for Monitoring Petroleum-Contaminated Ground Water and Soil
Vapor", Journal of Soil Contamination, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 225-242.
- Ray, R.P. and Morris, K.B., "Automated Laboratory Testing for Soil/Water Characteristic
Curves", Proceedings, 1st International Conference on Unsaturated Soils, Paris,
Sept. 1995, Vol. 2, pp. 547-552.
- Morris, K.B., Gribb, M.M., and Ray, R.P. "Integrated Full-Scale Model Validation
of Unsaturated Flow Behavior", Proceedings,1st International Conference on Unsaturated
Soils, Paris, Sept. 1995, Vol 1, pp. 399-404.
- Ray, R.P., Widdowson, M., Aelion, C.M. "Final Report on Soil Vacuum Extraction/Air
Sparging Remediation at EMRO Site #288" to S.C. Department of Environmental Control,
Groundwater Protection Division, May, 1995, 77 pp.
- Aelion, C.M., Ray, R.P., Shaw, J.N., Widdowson, M.A., Reeves, H.W. "The Use of Simplified
Methods for Monitoring Petroleum-Contaminated Ground Water and Soil Vapor", Journal
of Soil Contamination, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 225-242.
- Widdowson, M.A., Ray, R.P, Reeves, H.W., Aelion, C.M. and Holbrooks, K.D. "Investigation
of Soil Venting-Based Remediation at a UST Site in the Appalachian Piedmont," Bioremediation
of Pollutants in Soil and Water, ASTM STP 1235, Brian S. Schepart, Ed. American
Society of Testing and Materials.
- Morris, K.B., Ray, R.P., Meadows, M.E. "Automated Measurement of Soil Moisture Hysteresis",
Paper No. 942041, Int'l Summer Mtg. American Soc. of Agricultural Engineers, Kansas
City, MO, June, 1994
- Scaturo, D.M., Widdowson, M.A. and Ray, R.P. "Evaluation of a Multi-level Drive
Point Sampler for Hydraulic Conductivity Analysis," submitted to Journal of the
Geotechnical Division, American Society of Civil Engineers.